Dealing with the Darkness: Resources on Depression
1. When the Darkness Will Not Lift: Doing What We Can While We Wait for God — and Joy (Book)
2. Battling the Unbelief of Despondency (Sermon)
3. God Is with You in Depression (10-Minute Interview)
4. What Does Christian Hedonism Offer the Depressed? (Ask Pastor John Podcast)
5. The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd (Book)
6. Spiritual Depression in the Psalms (Sermon)
7. Hope for the Despairing Heart (Article)
8. God’s Beauty for the Bored, Busy, and Depressed (Article)
9. Depression: Looking Up from the Stubborn Darkness (Book by Ed Welch)
10. Battling Depression . . . Redemption, Medication, and Christ (4-Minute Video)
11. The Darkness of Depression (40-Minute Audio Interview)
Similarly, pastor and author, David Murray, listed his Top 10 book recommendations on Depression:
1. I’m Not Supposed to Feel Like This by Chris Williams (and others).
2. Dealing with Depression by Sarah Collins and Jayne Haynes.
3. A Practical Workbook for the Depressed Christian by Dr John Lockley.
4. Overcoming Spiritual Depression by Arie Elshout.
5. Depression: Looking Up From The Stubborn Darkness by Ed Welch.
6. D Is For Depression by Michael Lawson.
7. Spiritual Depression: Its Causes And Cure by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
8. Broken Minds by Steve and Robyn Bloem.
9. Troubled Minds: Mental Illness and the Church’s Mission by Amy Simpson.
10. Christians Get Depressed Too: Hope and Help for The Depressed by David Murray.
He also has a huge list of links to articles, talks and videos dealing with depression in children and teenagers, post-partum depression, pastors/ministry leaders, physical health, suicide, science and medication.